Re: Can Postgresql be ported to a device with no OS and simple file I/O and memory management? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frederick Ross
Subject Re: Can Postgresql be ported to a device with no OS and simple file I/O and memory management?
Date
List pgsql-general
In a hard disk drive?  My god, why?  If you're doing embedded
programming, don't carry over applications that were never intended
for it.  Go port eForth or Pygmy Forth to your hard drive, or at least
set up a C cross compiler, and write whatever hash tables you need.
If you're trying to make a device smart enough where you really need
all the features and sophistication of Postgres, it's time to question
whether it's a device or a computer.

--
Frederick Ross
Graduate Fellow, (|Siggia> + |McKinney>)/sqrt(2) Lab