Re: Postgres Pro build for windows - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Postgres Pro build for windows
Date
List pgsql-www
On 12/22/2017 11:16 AM, Ivan E. Panchenko wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Ivan!

Sorry for the slow feedback but see below.

> 13.12.2017 13:09, Daniel Gustafsson пишет:
>>> On 13 Dec 2017, at 11:05, Ivan E. Panchenko
>>> <i.panchenko@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

>>> Daniel, thanks for your corrections. Sorry for the misprints.
>>> The improved patch is attached.
>> No worries. Updated patch looks good to me.
> Can anybody install the patch ?

I took a look at the patch wrt to applying it but I think there are
still some improvements/clarifications to make:

+<h2>Graphical installer by Postgres Pro</h2>

From looking at "About us" on www.postgrespro.ru it seems that the
company name is "Postgres Professional" and "Postgres Pro" is used for
the actual (custom) software product - so maybe the above should be
"Graphical installer by Postgres Professional"?

+
+<p>
+<a href="https://postgrespro.com/windows">PostgreSQL GUI installer</a>
+by Postgres Professional supports 32 and 64 bit architectures for Windows,

We use s/bit/Bit elsewhere on this page als "supports ... architectures
for Windows" reads weird - Microsoft usually talks about "platforms" in
that context

+including its old versions, provides automatic server preconfiguration
based

not sure what "its old versions" is referring to?

+on available RAM size, corrects several issues with non-latin messages
encoding,

"corrects several issues with non-latin messages"? is that referring to
some patch applied to postgresql sources? if yes shouldn't that our be
in the main tree if it is an actual bug?

Stefan