Re: Website "Up" link - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Website "Up" link
Date
List pgsql-www
On 12/31/18 6:58 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I don't see an "Up" link when I am on the first level submenu, e.g.:
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/appendixes.html
>
> If I am pressing "Up" from a sub-submenu, it would be good to have an
> "Up" link here too.

That section of the documentation is loaded in from the source SGML/XML
files - it would have to be added in there.

If I were to take a guess as to why it is that way, it is because that
"Up" from that section is in actuality the same thing as home "Home."
That said, perhaps the better UX is to keep it consistent, and have "Up"
available as long as you can navigate up the doc tree.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Attachment