Re: Stats collector eats my CPU - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Stats collector eats my CPU
Date
List pgsql-general
2008/10/8 Wojciech Strzałka <wstrzalka@gmail.com>:

> For clarification 250k is total relation count.
> There is 85k plain tables + 45k toasts.
>
> Except stats collector overload, the cluster works fine ( no really
> surprising, while we are using world best database :D )

Couple of other points here:
*) stats collector process is very long lived and does things, so will
accumulate cpu time according to top over the shorter lived backend
connections
*) most servers are multi core these days...stats will eat at most one core

maybe this is a non-problem?  are you seeing other issues outside of
high cpu time according to top?

merlin