Re: Commitfest patches mostly assigned ... status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Commitfest patches mostly assigned ... status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The patch looks OK to me as it was the last time I looked at it; maybe
>> Tom has more comments, so I decided against just committing it.
>
> I haven't got round to looking at it in this fest.  If anyone else wants
> to look it over, feel free.  I think Josh is overrating the patch's
> review difficulty --- anyone who uses libpq a lot could review it,
> IMHO.  You certainly wouldn't need any backend-internals knowledge.

Josh is probably basing that on the long history of
discussion/revision cycles.  There is very little change from the
design that was hammered out except for the late breaking tweak of how
the passthru pointer works.  I think the subtext here is that we are
waiting on you to sign off on the patch (or not).

merlin