Re: Plz Heeeelp! performance settings - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Plz Heeeelp! performance settings
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 6:12 PM, dforum <dforums@vieonet.com> wrote:
> Hello to all,
>

> I have a Linux 2.6.24.2-xxxx-std-ipv4-64 #3 SMP Tue Feb 12 12:27:47 CET 2008
> x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5355 @ 2.66GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
> with 8Gb of memory. Using sata II disk in RAID 1 (I known that is bad, but
<snip>

this is likely your problem...with fsync on (as you have it), you will
be lucky to get a couple of hundred transactions/sec out of the
database.  you are probably just exceeding your operational
capabilities of the hardware so you probably need to upgrade or turn
off fsync (which means data corruption in event of hard crash).

merlin