Re: precompilers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: precompilers
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Ferry, Craig <crferry@wescodist.com> wrote:
> We are evaluating open source databases for use within our organization.
> Can anyone tell me if postgresql have a precompiler for Micro focus Cobol
> for Unix V 4.1 revision 040?   Is there a list of these someplace?  I poked
> around on the postgres site.

I don't think so.  A few years back I wrote a driver which linked to
the AcuCorp AcuCobol runtime that allowed PostgreSQL to appear as a
ISAM filesystem.  I've never heard of PostgreSQL running as a backend
for cobol in any other context (except for perhaps some odbc
wrappers).

merlin