Re: Win32 hard crash problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Win32 hard crash problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/5/06, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > What do you mean by this? It doesn't start upon reboot? What is needed
> > to make it start?
>
> It means that postgresql doesn't recover on its own. On linux if a
> backend crashes all of PostgreSQL will restart and come back up if it can.
>
> On Win32 it doesn't.

it does for me, at least for me when I used to work with windows :).
I think it just doesn't restart for this particular type of crash.  I
had a couple of similarly wierd undetectable windows problems that I
could never quite figured out until I got hired by another company and
left that monster behind for good.

merlin