Re: [GENEAL] dynamically changing table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej
Subject Re: [GENEAL] dynamically changing table
Date
List pgsql-general
2009/3/31 A B <gentosaker@gmail.com>:
> One  option is, put it in a db as a huge text  (or in textfiles, one
> per object) and parse it when you need it. That might also work.
>
> Why are you demanding sanity? I need crazy ideas to get this to work ;-)
Heh ... sorry, but "dynamic table" just SCREAMS "design flaw!!"  ... as pointed
out above, an approach with the "new columns" being rows in a separate
table sounds quite sane.

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.