Re: Fusion-io ioDrive - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: Fusion-io ioDrive
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 02/07/2008, Jeffrey Baker <jwbaker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah.  The manufacturer rates it for 5 years in constant use.  I
>  remain skeptical.
I read in one of their spec-sheets that w/ continuous writes it
should survive roughly 3.4 years ... I'd be a tad more conservative,
I guess, and try to drop 20-30% of that figure if I'd consider something
like it for production use

And I'll be very indiscreet and ask: "How much do they go for?" :}
I couldn't find anyone actually offering them in 5 minutes of
googling, just some ball-park figure of 2400US$ ...

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.