Re: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport = invariant - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport = invariant
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 4/19/07, sql4-en@narod.ru <sql4-en@narod.ru> wrote:

> Problem consist of transportation data, received by SQL, into external
> world. As i already wrote, it's very difficalt for users (in practice)
> to use libraries of additional language (php , perl, etc) for that.
>
> I offer to put one feature into SQL to avoid mentioned libraries.
And you offer latex and all other kind of things, too?

That's the whole issue:  you don't understand.  SQL is for
information retrieval, presentation thereof is and should (for
a clean design) be independent of the retrieval.  There's
already a highly popular database out there that breaks
and "enhances" standards.  And there are tools available
that will take tabular textual data and convert it into other
file formats;  no need to turn postgres into an egg-laying
wool-bearing milk-sow.