Re: [JDBC] Questions on use - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: [JDBC] Questions on use
Date
Re: Questions on use  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, David G. Johnston wrote:

> Should work. The 9.4 doesn't imply server compatability.

David,

   Good. That's one less issue of concern.

> The default for PostgreSQL is to listen on Unix sockets. JDBC doesn't
> talk to Unix sockets - it only uses TCP/IP sockets. You need to configure
> the database to listen on an IP address and port and point to that. You
> also need to ensure pg_hba.conf and/or have a password on the user JDBC is
> using (changing to "trust" might work).

   I modified /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data/pg_hba.conf by adding a line with
hostnossl and 'trust' as the method. Reloaded postgres. While schemaSpy
still does not run the reason seems to be with it, not the driver.

Many thanks,

Rich