Re: Postgres and LibreOffice's 'Base' - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Postgres and LibreOffice's 'Base'
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 4 Dec 2016, Martin Collins wrote:

>>    The problem with kexi is that it does not run on Microsoft OSes which is
>> what my clients use.
>
> There is a Windows package in the works, apparently. Version 3 already
> builds on Windows.

Martin,

   However, it is highly unlikely that my clients (all large industrial
companies) would install anything other than what they buy from Microsoft.
Unfortunate, but true.

> Flask has a simple SQLAlchemy wrapper now. It is also based on bootstrap
> though I don't know how the widget set compares with Phoenix,

   Based on advice from someone who builds postgres applications for a living
I decided that for my purposes as a non-professional application developer
the most parsimonious approach is to simplify to postgres (model),
wxPython/Phoenix-3.0.2.0 (view), and Python3 (controller) with SQL embedded
in the appropirate methods. This will result in a stand-alone application
that can be packaged for easy installation and use by clients.

Thanks very much for your suggestions,

Rich