Appended '+' in Column Value - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Appended '+' in Column Value
Date
Re: Appended '+' in Column Value  (Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Appended '+' in Column Value  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
   One column in a table has values for the attribute 'stream'. Some queries
return some rows where a stream name (only identified one so far) has an
appended '+'. I cannot update the table to remove that appended character,
and I've not seen this before.

   Example:

    2220 | STV     | 2012-07-12 | Nematoda |             |              |
          |          | Omnivore      |    50 |          | StarvationCrk+| Owyhee
         |         |            |          |             |              |
          |          |               |       |          |               |
    2701 | STV-10  | 2013-07-10 | Nematoda |             |              |
          |          | Omnivore      |    36 |          | StarvationCrk | Owyhee

   I'd appreciate learning where that '+' originates and how to get rid of
it. A query to count the rows with the appendage returns zero:

select count(*) from benthos where stream = 'StarvationCrk';
  count
-------
    204

select count(*) from benthos where stream = 'StarvationCrk+';
  count
-------
      0

TIA,