Re: Apparent Problem With NULL in Restoring pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Apparent Problem With NULL in Restoring pg_dump
Date
Re: Apparent Problem With NULL in Restoring pg_dump  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Alban Hertroys wrote:

> You appear to have two tabs after "Depth to Water", which would be one too many.

Alban,

   I thought that I had caught all the double tabs. Thanks for seeing this
one.

   Now I'm back to the tabs-in-real-columns issue:

  ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type real: "     "
CONTEXT:  COPY chemistry, line 47364, column quant: "     "

and here's the referenced line:

\N    GW-22    2004-12-17    Calcium                 9.69999981    mg/L
\N    \N    \N      \N

Removing the extra tab between 'Calcium' and 9.69999981 produces:

  ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type numeric: "N      N"
CONTEXT:  COPY chemistry, line 47364, column northing: "N      N"

   There must be a better way to clean this table, but I don't know what it
is.

Thanks again,

Rich