Re: Problems With -9.0.1 [SOLVED] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Problems With -9.0.1 [SOLVED]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, John R Pierce wrote:

> if you built and installed postgres in /usr/local/pgsql, then all those
> errors should have referred to /usr/local/pgsql/share/timezone

John,

   I assumed the reference to share/ was relative to /usr/local/pgsql/

> is there a different postgres binary in /bin/postgres ?

   Aha! I had a copy of /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres in /bin rather than a
soft link. I just fixed that and postgres starts. Still cannot log in to my
accounting software, even after restarting httpd. That brings me back to my
original problem: server error that won't allow me to log in.

   There's a problem with the perl DBD::Pg module that prevents it from

Thanks,

Rich