psql symbol lookup error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject psql symbol lookup error
Date
List pgsql-general
   I have -9.0.1 installed in /usr/local/pgsql and my accounting software
(Ledger123) can access its data there. However, when I try to run 'psql
aesi' (the L123 database), which is owned by me, on the command line I see:

[rshepard@salmo ~]$ psql aesi
psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQconnectdbParams

   I've not encountered this with previous versions of postgres installed in
/var/lib/pgsql/. I would like to understand why I get this error trying to
run on the command line while L123 apparently has no problems using the
httpd/firefox front ends.

TIA,

Rich