Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> Actually, you could be quite surprised on the number of people not willing
> to use a mailing list, and ready to use web forums.

   I think this is a generational thing. Most of us who've been running linux
or a *nix for a while prefer to have the information pushed to us via a mail
list. Those who are more used to doing everything with a GUI and pointing
device seem to prefer pulling information by visiting a Web site. I much
prefer having information pushed to me, and that's one reason (the
noise-to-signal ratio being another) why I no longer use Usenet news groups
as much as I did.

   When this same issue came up on other mail lists someone would always
point out that there are websites (gmane, perhaps?) that allow a Web BUI
interface to mail lists.

Rich