Re: Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:

>> I've installed the postgresql in my computer but i've forgotten my password.
>> i've tried everything, i've been in your page that requires a e-mail to send

>> i've tried to make a new username but the ones that i've tried already exist.
>> What can i do? format my pc?
>
> Depends.

   If the OP is running linux (or a *BSD), he can su to root and replace the
password for the preferred user (postgres, probably). The passwd program
will allow this. If the machine runs Microsoft, I've no idea at all since we
don't use any of that.

Rich