Re: Wanted: new project slogan - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua Kramer
Subject Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date
Re: Wanted: new project slogan  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: Wanted: new project slogan  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
> Not a bad idea but... uh -- We have DotNet capabilties, reporting
> capabilities etc...

I know that... what I'm talking about are things like writing stored
procedures using DotNet assemblies, as well as the reporting components
that are included with SQL-Server itself.  Many companies use these
components, and it'd be darn near impossible to get them working with any
other data source.

> I think removing Open Source from our slogan is a mistake. It is one of
> the things that makes us who we are.

Perhaps EnterpriseDB could fill the niche I'm talking about, but (for the
free version anyway) they've got that pesky 4GB limit just like SQL-Server
Express does.  :)

--JK

--

-----