Re: EnterpriseDB OneClick Installer Broken - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua Kramer
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB OneClick Installer Broken
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> I'm not sure whether that dialog box actually mentioned that the same
> password was used for the postgres super user and the service account.

Actually, the new dialog box does in fact mention that the service user
and postgres database user are the same password.  The problem is that
some of us (we know who we are :) ) have been using the other PG installer
forever, and its behavior is different.

On a related note, from a security standpoint, having the Windows account
'postgresql' and the postgres database user have the same password is,
IMHO, a bad thing.  However, I could see how this would be useful, and it
is easy to change the password.  This is still more secure than the
default installations of other Windows applications.

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01