Re: Professional services (dead/odd link) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Professional services (dead/odd link)
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Josh Berkus wrote:

> On 10/1/09 7:20 AM, Mike Ellsworth wrote:
>> At the bottom of this page:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support
>>
>> is a link to Open Source Experts:
>> http://www.opensourcexperts.com/Index/index_html/PostgreSQL/index.html
>>
>> Not sure it is helpful & the links on the landing page are suspect.
>
> Opensourcexperts site appears to be completely borked. Are they out of
> business?

I doubt it, the problem is more...I hate to say "hilarious" when it's
causing them to look so bad, but for this list is kind of is.  Do "view
source" on one of the broken pages and you'll see something like this:

<!--
OperationalError
(1129, "Host 'saw2.nidelven-it.no' is blocked because of many connection
errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'")
<ul>
<li>  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 92, in publish</li>
<li>  Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 433, in traverse</li>
<li>  Module Products.mysqlUserFolder.mysqlUserFolder, line 694, in
validate</li>
<li>  Module Products.mysqlUserFolder.mysqlUserFolder, line 354, in
__check_connection</li>
<li>  Module Products.mysqlUserFolder.mysqlUserFolder, line 325, in
__connect</li>
<li>  Module Products.mysqlUserFolder.db, line 169, in connect</li>
<li>  Module MySQLdb, line 66, in Connect</li>
<li>  Module MySQLdb.connections, line 134, in __init__</li>
</ul>OperationalError: (1129, "Host 'saw2.nidelven-it.no' is blocked
because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'")
-->

What a strange default behavior MySQL has here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/blocked-host.html

I suspect the connection between the database and web server dropped for a
bit, and now it's blacklisted even if it's back up again.