Re: New binary installer logo - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: New binary installer logo
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> All other contributing companies don't have the chance to earn this PR
> from their contribution, so it's not really fair.

All I was trying to suggest was that until you find somebody else capable
of taking over the job, which unlike a lot of other contributions requires
a recurring and unbounded time investment to keep going, this whole
discussion of fairness is lacking a practical side to it.  I don't care
about the PR either way, what I'm concerned about is that excessive
backlash against EDB here might cause the work on the installer they're
doing to be dropped or otherwise scaled back.  That would be a bad outcome
that hurts the community rather directly, and I think the downside of that
isn't being estimated correctly by everyone.  Be careful you know what
you're getting into when you wish for something to change...