Re: Using COPY FREEZE in pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Using COPY FREEZE in pgbench
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Tatsuo-san,

> So overall gain by the patch is around 15%, whereas the last test before
> the commit was 14%.  It seems the patch is still beneficial after the
> commit.

Yes, that's good!

I had a quick look again, and about the comment:

  /*
   * If partitioning is not enabled and server version is 14.0 or later, we
   * can take account of freeze option of copy.
   */

I'd suggest instead the shorter:

  /* use COPY with FREEZE on v14 and later without partioning */

Or maybe even to fully drop the comment, because the code is clear enough
and the doc already says it.

--
Fabien.