Re: pgbench: option delaying queries till connections establishment? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgbench: option delaying queries till connections establishment?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Marina,

>> 1) It looks like pgbench will no longer support Windows XP due to the
>> function DeleteSynchronizationBarrier. From
>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/synchapi/nf-synchapi-deletesynchronizationbarrier
>>
>> Minimum supported client: Windows 8 [desktop apps only]
>> Minimum supported server: Windows Server 2012 [desktop apps only]

Thanks for the test and precise analysis!

Sigh.

I do not think that putting such version requirements are worth it just
for the sake of pgbench.

In the attached version, I just comment out the call and add an
explanation about why it is commented out. If pg overall version
requirements are changed on windows, then it could be reinstated.

--
Fabien.
Attachment