Re: pgbench - use pg logging capabilities - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgbench - use pg logging capabilities
Date
Re: pgbench - use pg logging capabilities  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bonjour Michaël,

>> I don't follow what you mean by that.
>
> The first versions of the patch did not change syntax_error(), and the
> version committed has switched to use PQExpBufferData there.  I think
> that we should just do the same for the debug logs executing the meta
> commands.  This way, we get an output consistent with what's printed
> out for sending or receiving stuff.  Please see the attached.

Yep, I thought of it, but I was not very keen on having a malloc/free
cycle just for one debug message. However under debug this is probably not
an issue.

Your patch works for me. IT can avoid some level of format interpretation
overheads by switching to Char/Str functions, see first attachement.

The other point is the test on __pg_log_level, see second attached.

--
Fabien.
Attachment