Re: segfault in geqo on experimental gcc animal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: segfault in geqo on experimental gcc animal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Andres,

> I don't think there's been any relevant code changes since the last
> success.
>
> last success:
> 2019-11-09 09:20:28.346 CET [28785:1] LOG:  starting PostgreSQL 13devel on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC)
10.0.020191102 (experimental), 64-bit

> first failure:
> 2019-11-09 11:19:36.277 CET [42512:1] LOG:  starting PostgreSQL 13devel on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC)
10.0.020191109 (experimental), 64-bit

> so it sure looks like a gcc upgrade caused the failure. But it's not
> clear wheter it's a compiler bug, or some undefined behaviour that
> triggers the bug.
>
> Fabien, any chance to either bisect or get a bit more information on the
> backtrace?

There is a promising "keep_error_builds" option in buildfarm settings, but
it does not seem to be used anywhere in the scripts. Well, I can probably
relaunch by hand.

However, given the experimental nature of the setup, I think that the most
probable cause is a newly introduced gcc bug, so I'd suggest to wait to
check whether the issue persist before spending time on that, and if it
persists to investigate further to either report a bug to gcc or pg,
depending.

Also, I'll recompile gcc before the next weekly builds.

--
Fabien.