Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench
Date
List pgsql-committers
Bonjour Michaël,

>> This change leads a compiler warning on my machine:
>>
>> pgbench.c: In function ‘readCommandResponse’:
>> pgbench.c:2730: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
>
> C99 does not forbid that (see d9dd406).

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/source-conventions.html also says:

"A few features included in the C99 standard are, at this time, not be
permitted to be used in core PostgreSQL code. This currently includes
variable length arrays, intermingled declarations and code, // comments,
universal character names. Reasons for that include portability and
historical practices."

--
Fabien.