Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix memory leak in pgbench
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hello Masahiko-san,

> This change leads a compiler warning on my machine:
>
> pgbench.c: In function ‘readCommandResponse’:
> pgbench.c:2730: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code

<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/source-conventions.html> says:

"Code in PostgreSQL should only rely on language features available in the
C99 standard"

So it should be all right wrt to warnings.

However the pg style in the same page says that intermingling decl & code
is not permitted, so the proposed patch should be applied.

--
Fabien.