Re: Buildfarm failures for hash indexes: buffer leaks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Buildfarm failures for hash indexes: buffer leaks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Jeff,

>> I suspect the easiest thing to narrow it down would be to bisect the
>> problem in gcc :(
>
> Their commit r265241 is what broke the PostgreSQL build.  It also broke the
> compiler itself--at that commit it was no longer possible to build itself.
> I had to --disable-bootstrap in order to get a r265241 compiler to test
> PostgreSQL on.

It seems they have done a API change around some kind of "range" analysis,
which must have been incomplete.

> Their commit r265375 fixed the ability to compile itself, but built
> PostgreSQL binaries remain broken there and thereafter.
>
> |...]

Thanks a lot for this investigation! I can fill in a gcc bug report. There
would be a enormous work to narrow it down to a small test case, it is
unclear how they can act about it, but at least they would know.

--
Fabien.