Re: Online verification of checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Online verification of checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hallo Michael,

> New version 5 attached.

Patch does not seem to apply anymore.

Moreover, ISTM that some discussions about behavioral changes are not
fully settled.

My current opinion is that when offline some errors are not admissible,
whereas the same errors are admissible when online because they may be due
to the ongoing database processing, so the behavior should not be strictly
the same.

This might suggest some option to tell the command that it should work in
online or offline mode, so that it may be stricter in some cases. The
default may be one of the option, eg the stricter offline mode, or maybe
guessed at startup.

I put the patch in "waiting on author" state.

--
Fabien.