Re: csv format for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: csv format for psql
Date
Re: csv format for psql  (Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bonjour Daniel,

> For csv, Fabien and Peter expressed the opinion that we shouldn't
> create another fieldsep-like variable specifically for it, but instead
> reuse fieldsep. That's what my latest patch does.
>
> Now it turns out that sharing fieldsep comes with some problems.

Personnaly I do not have any problem with CSV defaulting to '|' separator,
given that anyway people often use anything but a comma for the purpose,
including '|'.

However Pavel wants to block the patch on this point. Too bad.

Maybe you can do (again) a patch with a 'fieldsep_csv' or whatever
additional variable? Not sure about 'recordsep'...

And then we forward to committers both version and they can chose
whatever they think best, including not committing anything?

--
Fabien.