Re: 2018-03 Commitfest Summary (Andres #1) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: 2018-03 Commitfest Summary (Andres #1)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Fine by me so long as it remains a manageable scope, rather than
> incrementally turning into some horror scripting language.

Pavel's description of what is needed is really the deal.

The target is "cpp" level simple scripting: expressions, variables,
conditions, echoing, quitting on error... things like that.

Also, for me it should be the same for psql & pgbench.

Whether the resulting thing constitutes an "horror scripting language" is
obviously debatable and a matter of taste:-)

--
Fabien.