Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql command \graw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql command \graw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

>> Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks that it could be made to work
>> without adding another boolean.
>
> The tuples only cannot be disabled, because then other parts print number
> of rows
>
> postgres=# \pset format unaligned
> Output format is unaligned.
>
> postgres=# select 10 as a, 20 as b;
> a|b
> 10|20

Argh. Too bad.

I'm not at ease with having two bools which nearly mean the opposite one
of the other but not exactly... however I'm not sure that there is a
simpler way out of this, some exception handling is needed one way or the
other, either within the header or within the footer... Maybe the whole
topt logic should be reviewed, but that is not the point of this patch.

So I switched the patch to "ready for committer".

--
Fabien.