Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql command \graw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql command \graw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> ISTM that you can remove "force_column_header" and just set "tuple_only"
>> to what you need, that is you do not need to change anything in function
>> "print_unaligned_text".
>
> Last point is not possible - I would not to break original tuple only mode.

Hmmm... I do not understand. I can see only one use of force_column_header
in the function:
 -               if (!opt_tuples_only) +               if (!opt_tuples_only || opt_force_column_header)

So I would basically suggest to do:
 my_popt.topt.tuples_only = !pset.g_raw_header;

in the driver. Looking at the detailed code in that function, probably you
need to set start_table to on when headers are needed and stop_table to
off for the raw mode anyway?

Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks that it could be made to work
without adding another boolean.

--
Fabien.