Re: [HACKERS] pow support for pgbench - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pow support for pgbench
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't want to go too deep into it, but you get stuff like this:
>
> Select pow(2.0, -3)::text = pow(2, -3)::text;

Sure. It does so with any overloaded operator or function:
  fabien=# SELECT (2.0 + 3)::TEXT = (2 + 3)::TEXT; # f

Patch applies, make check ok in pgbench, doc gen ok.

ipow code is nice and simple.

I switched the patch to "Ready for Committer"

Let's now hope that a committer gets around to consider these patch some
day.

--
Fabien.