Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove pgbench "progress" test pendingsolution of its timing is - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove pgbench "progress" test pendingsolution of its timing is
Date
List pgsql-committers
> You are attacking a straw man.

I thought it was tilting at windmills:-)

> In the TAP-test context, you do have quite a bit of freedom to decide
> what is a pass and what is a fail.  So maybe the path forward is to be
> more flexible about the pass conditions for this test.

Hmmm. I'm not sure that there is a solution under "any" testing conditions
if -T & -P are to be tested and some sensible output expected out of them.
I'll think about it.

> But I can't help thinking that these results have exposed some outright
> bugs too.

Yep, I agree that there is probably one bug/race/unexpected condition wrt
what is output and time out handling.

--
Fabien.