Re: [HACKERS] psql --batch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [HACKERS] psql --batch
Date
Re: [HACKERS] psql --batch  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I find myself regurgitating the incantation
>
> psql -qAtX -v ON_ERRORS_STOP=1
>
> quite a bit. It's not ... super friendly.
>
> It strikes me that we could possibly benefit from a 'psql --batch' option.
>
> Thoughts?

The link between -qAtX and "batch" is not that fully obvious, especially
the unaligned tuples-only part. If so, why not some -F <tab> as well?

ISTM that the real pain is the "-v ON_ERRORS_STOP=1" which I occasionally
encountered as well, the other one letter ones are not too bad. Maybe it
would be enough to have a shortcut for this one, say "-B"?

alias?

--
Fabien.