Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove extra comma at end of enum list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove extra comma at end of enum list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> C99-specific feature, and wasn't intentional in the first place.
>>
>> Per buildfarm member mylodon
>
> This is the second time I see that in the last couple of weeks. Would
> it be better to use some custom CFLAGS to detect that earlier in the
> review process? I have never much used gcc's std or clang extensions
> in this area. Has somebody any recommendations?

My 0.02€, I've used the following for years without problem, but it would
need testing with a several versions of gcc & clang before committing:
  sh> gcc -std=c89/... ...  sh> clang -std=c89/... ...

And a free advice, hoping not to start a troll:

Even as conservative and old fashioned as I am, I was 18 in 1989 and had a
driving license. In 2017 C99 will also turn 18 and might be considered old
and stable enough for pg:-)

I find it annoying that "//" comments are not supported, or having to
declare variables at the beginning of a block instead of when first
used...

--
Fabien.