Re: 2016-01 Commitfest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: 2016-01 Commitfest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Andres,

> FWIW, I've been working and benchmarking this a lot over the last weeks.

I'm running a lot of tests as weel, on HDDs. It is basically always better
with the patch, although sometimes not sorting but flushing is better than
both, which suggest that the gucs should be kept just in case.

> After finally nailing down the performance regression due to wal writer,
> thins are looking good.  I plan to post an updated version soon.

Good. The last version sent (14?) does not apply cleanly. I'm looking
forward to have another look at an updated version.

--
Fabien.