Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff
Date
Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Alvaro,

> I'm looking at this part of your patch and I think it's far too big to
> be a simple refactoring. Would you split it up please?

You know how delighted I am to split patches...

Here is a 5 part ordered patch serie:

a) add -b option for cumulating builtins and rework internal script   management so that builtin and external scripts
aremanaged the   same way.

b) refactor statistics collections (per thread, per command, per whatever)   so as to use the same structure
everywhere,reducing the CLOC by 115.   this enables the next small patch which can reuse the new functions.

c) add per-script statistics... because Josh asked:-)

d) add optional weight to control the relative frequency of scripts.

e) minor code cleanup :   use bool instead of int where appropriate   put together struct fields when they belong
together  move 2 options at their right position in the list

This patch serie conflicts slightly with the "add functions to pgbench"
patch which is marked as ready in the CF. The first to make it will mean
some conflict resolution for the other. Maybe I would prefer this one
serie to go first, if I had any say...

--
Fabien.