Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: checkpointer continuous flushing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> I would be curious whether flushing helps, though.
>>
>> Yes, me too. I think we should try to reach on consensus for exact
>> scenarios and configuration where this patch('es) can give benefit or we
>> want to verify if there is any regression as I have access to this m/c for
>> a very-very limited time.  This m/c might get formatted soon for some other
>> purpose.
>
> Yep, it would be great if you have time for a flush test before it
> disappears... I think it is advisable to disable the write cache as it may
> also hide the impact of flushing.

Still thinking... Depending on the results, it might be interesting to
have these tests run with the write cache enabled as well, to check how
much it interferes positively with performance.

I would guess "quite a lot".

--
Fabien.