Re: run xmllint during build (was Re: need xmllint on borka) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: run xmllint during build (was Re: need xmllint on borka)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> ISTM that it may be more helful to do:
>>
>>   ifndef JADE
>>   #error "no jade found on your system, cannot generate the documention"
>>   endif
>
> We could use $(missing) for that, which is already used for bison, flex,
> and perl.

I'm fine with "$(missing)" or whatever else that provides a clear message.
Oops, not "#error", but "$(error  ...)", I was mixing cpp & make above...

However the example in the doc Makefile for "collageindex.pl" is on the
heavy side, as it suggests that every use of such commands should be put
in ifdef/else/endif. ISTM that a dependence-based solution would be
simpler.

--
Fabien.