Re: Enhancing pgbench parameter checking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Enhancing pgbench parameter checking
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Included is the patch to enhance the behavior of pgbench in this regard
> IMO. Here is a sample session after patching:
>
> $ ./pgbench -c 10 -T 300 -S -i test
> some parameters cannot be used in initialize mode

I have not tested, but the patch looks ok in principle.

I'm not sure of the variable name "is_non_init_parameter_set". I would
suggest "benchmarking_option_set"?

Also, to be consistent, maybe it should check that no
initialization-specific option are set when benchmarking.

--
Fabien.