BUG - broken "make check" if different options - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject BUG - broken "make check" if different options
Date
List pgsql-hackers
As I was investing playing around with blocksize, I noticed that some test
cases under "make check" vary depending on compilation parameters, as
they:
 - do not order the result of queries, thus are not deterministic   [join, with]
 - output query plans which differ depending on some parameters   [updatable_views, union, select_views]

Thus "make check" fails.
  sh> ./configure --blocksize=4  sh> make  sh> make check   ...   5 of 144 tests failed.

Adding some "ORDER BY" should solve the first issue, but ISTM that testing
the output of query plans is a lost case for determinism, so maybe these
test cases should be ignored/skipped when parameters are different.

--
Fabien.