Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3 v2 - A - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3 v2 - A
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Noah,

>  Patch (1): Change the default from --progress=0 to --progress=5
> Rejected

Yep. Too bad, esp as the default is meaningless and does not scale.

>  Patch (2): Make --initialize mode respect --progress.
> Rejected

I missed this one...

This is just about having the same option (--progress) to set the progress
report delay both under benchmarking and initialization. I do not
understand where and why it would be rejected, especially as it does not
imply to change the current default behavior.

>  Patch (5): Take thread start time at the beginning of the thread.
> Returned with Feedback

Hmmm. I fought back on the feedback:-) I thought my arguments where good
enough to consider an accept.

--
Fabien.