Re: Add pgbench option: CHECKPOINT before starting benchmark - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Add pgbench option: CHECKPOINT before starting benchmark
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> My patches option difinition is here.
> [mitsu-ko@localhost pgbench]$ ./pgbench --help
> ~
> -N, --no-checkpoint      do not run CHECKPOINT after initialization
> ~
> In latest commited pgbench, -N is "--skip-some-updates  skip updates of
> pgbench_tellers and pgbench_branches". But I cannot understand why -N is this
> option, so I set this option -u, and -N is "do not run CHECKPOINT option".
>
> What do you think?

Although I agree that the -N is not really meaningful, ISTM that changing
option names is to be avoided if people are used to it. In this instance,
I'm not sure that many people use this option, so maybe this is not an
issue.

The patch should also update the sgml documentation.

--
Fabien.