Re: Debian/Ubuntu repository changes - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Debian/Ubuntu repository changes
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Dear Christoph,

>> ISTM that if you do not support non-LTS releases, this is a
>> significant regression. Or did I miss something?
>
> 12.10 was not mentioned in the announcement, the intended meaning was
> to say "this PPA will be shut down with the EOL of quantal/12.10".
> This means you can keep using the PPA with quantal.
>
> We will update the documentation to mention that non-LTS Ubuntu users
> should instead pick the next-oldest LTS release instead. The packages
> will still work there. (If something in the dependencies changes, we
> will add the relevant packages/distributions to fix the situation.)

Ok, I understand that the LTS from "apt.postgresql.org" is expected to
work on following releases, or there will be additionnal packages.

ISTM that Canonical has announced that they are going to change their
release policy so that there would be only LTS and continuous updates in
between... So you're just ahead of time.

Thanks for your answer, have a nice day.

--
Fabien.