Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Matthew Wakeling
Subject Re: Pooling in Core WAS: Need help in performance tuning.
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Doesn't pgpool do this?
>
> No, and in fact that's exactly why the proposed implementation isn't
> ever going to be in core: it's not possible to do it portably.

I'm surprised. Doesn't apache httpd do this? Does it have to do a whole
load of non-portable stuff? It seems to work on a whole load of platforms.

Matthew

--
 I would like to think that in this day and age people would know better than
 to open executables in an e-mail. I'd also like to be able to flap my arms