Re: simultaneously reducing both memory usage and runtime for a query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Faheem Mitha
Subject Re: simultaneously reducing both memory usage and runtime for a query
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, Tom Lane wrote:

> Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> writes:
>> ... In any case, feedback would be helpful. Details of my attempts
>> at optimization are at
>> http://bulldog.duhs.duke.edu/~faheem/snppy/opt.pdf
>
> By and large, this is not the way to ask for help on the Postgres lists.
> If you're supplying extremely large test data or something, it's fair to
> provide a link instead of putting the information in-line, but otherwise
> you should try to make your email self-contained.  Those of us who are
> willing to help are not here just to help you --- we'd like other people
> to learn from it too, both at the time and later from the archived
> discussion.  So the information needs to be in the email thread, not
> only on some transient web page.

I submitted a modified self-contained email as requested, but it does not
appear to have made it to the list, and I never got any kind of reject
message. It was around 1000 lines with no attachments. Is there a size
limit for posts, and if so, what is it? If it was rejected due to some
filter, it would be desirable (and polite) if the recepient was told what
happened.

                                                           Regards, Faheem.